Saturday, February 9, 2013

Tomorrow our delegation will begin its journey back to the mountains of North Carolina.  I must admit that I am now eager to see my husband, dogs, cat and church family once again.  I find myself longing for the comfort of biscuits, mashed potatoes, and your basic Southern cuisine.  We have stayed very busy touring each of the child development centers and having meetings with representatives of various ministries within the Diocese of Durgapur.  There have been moments where I have stopped and realized that in some small way I was part of something amazing that God was doing.  I really felt that when I attended a special service for the elderly of the slums.  It had rained and the program needed to be moved to the cathedral that is still under construction.  How appropriate that God sought to honor those dear people by making it possible for them to celebrate on the floor that will soon be covered in marble.  The cathedral will never be as beautiful as when all of those elderly people in their colorful garments were gathered there in celebration.  The orientation for the first Jr. Chapter of The Order of the Daughters of the King was held; 16 beautiful young women were in attendance and prepared to begin their period of study to become Jr. Daughters; the first chapter in India. It will be hard to say farewell tomorrow to my dear friends here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment